9.01.2012

On Shower and Bath

I’m inspired by this post from The Daily Connoisseur to share items I have in my shower.

Many of these items overlap to be used for baby as well. This is because I found myself overly sensitive to scents. I also feel I’d like to smell like myself when I’m snuggling with BabyLorp.

  • California Baby Unscented hair and body cleanser. It comes in a pump bottle that turns it into mild foam. I love it that it does not dry the skin; mine nor BabyLorp’s.
  • Klorane Volumizing Shampoo with Almond Milk. My hair is straight and limp, so far I've been pleased with this product. It does a nice job cleansing and gives a little lift to my hair.
  • Alba Botanica Shaving lotion. There’s a reason why this was on sale: it does not rinse off and it leaves goopy residue on my razor. I’m stuck with 2 big tubes, will use it up and move on to something else.
  • Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing cleanser. I use this daily, alternating with...
  • L’Oreal Go 360o Clean Deep Clean Facial Cleanser for sensitive skin. This one is not bad at all. It is unscented, creamy, and wash off easily. The down side is that it does not take off make up completely.
  • CeraVe lotion. Excellent, unscented lotion for daily use.
  • Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse. The lovely orange blossom scent is growing on me.
  • Mustela Stelatopia. I use this on BabyLorp’s cheek as well as my hands. It makes for an excellent hand cream.

After the shower, I usually towel dry my hair and put on a little bit of grooming cream. I’ve been using Phyto 9, which I think is the best, unscented grooming cream out there. I don’t usually blow dry my hair or in the summer, I just air-dry. Some other hair conditioner that I use in rotations are Kerastase Masquintense and Lush Jungle. Lush Jungle has such a nice, herbal scent that I love. Kerastase Masquintense is about the best hair mask out there; you only need to use it a little bit, thankfully, because it is very expensive.

On the rare occasion that I can luxuriate in a bath, I love to use Lush bath bombs. My favorite is Cedriwen Calduron with its creamy, herbally scent that is very comforting. I would love to try other products. Jo Malone Bath oil has been in my list since forever. Somehow, I cannot justify myself to take a bath at home. Perhaps because it is too indulgent, but perhaps because I also don’t have the time to enjoy it. Besides, I feel all of that water come to waste in one sitting -- my neurotic guilt from long when my mom said never to waste any water.

I have never realize the value and importance of shower until I have BabyLorp. A shower can make such a positive change in mood! There are days when I haven’t shower, simply because the baby takes so much of my time during the day, that when PapaLorp comes home, all I can do is to go to bed. Sleep has become more of a priority than grooming. But a shower can really change my mood tremendously -- I feel I am more refreshed and can function better as a mom after a quick shower. Now, I make a point to take a shower daily if I can.

What are your favorite shower/bath products? What do you do to lift your mood when you need a boost?

No comments:

Post a Comment