9.04.2012

Thankful Tuesday

I have a bit of a Monday, even though today is Tuesday. With Labor Day weekend behind me, I feel I’m back in the trenches. But, what better way to start another week with a Thankful Tuesday! I will try to make this a regular feature of my blog: list 5 things that you are thankful this week or the past week, or today. The idea is to make us all aware of the things in our lives that we are grateful for.

For this week, I'm thankful for:

  1. BabyLorp jamming to Whole Foods’ muzak.
    Whole Food’s muzak is not muzak at all, they actually play fine selection of mainstream music. But seeing BabyLorp sitting on grocery cart, his body swaying to the music, his legs kicking excitedly, warms my heart and reminds me of enjoying the simpler things in life.
  2. Being able to shop at Whole Foods -- at all!!
    We try to eat well, but it’s no secret that organic, local groceries are expensive. Infinitely more expensive than regular, mainstream, full-of-pesticide food. I am certainly thankful for PapaLorp who is working full-time to support all of us, earning enough income to allow me to toss into my grocery cart a variety of organic food without worrying how much each costs.
  3. A working car.
    My car is clocking over 15 years now, and I’m glad every single time I drive that it still works perfectly. There may have been some dings and scratches, but I owned it, and it has gives me lots of return in its value.
  4. A loving husband.
    He takes care of BabyLorp when I need a break and more. He helps me put BabyLorp to sleep whenever he can, feeds the Lorp in the morning, afternoon, and evening, and plays silly, mischievous games with him. This morning, I saw BabyLorp reaching his hands toward him, not me.
  5. Summer ice cream.
    Need I say more? And yes, that’s BabyLorp’s hand reaching for his last taste of the ice cream.

What are you thankful for today? Share your list of gratitude with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment