10.29.2012

Aerin Beauty Rose Lip Conditioner

I received a sample of Aerin Beauty Rose Lip Conditioner from the SA when I placed my order of Aerin. She said, it is one of the star product of the Aerin collection, a must-have. I’ve been using this lip conditioner almost daily for a couple of weeks now. The sample tube is tiny (belies the picture below, pardon me) but a little does go a long way.


I must admit that my first impression of this lip conditioner is not so good, but it gradually grew on me. Right away, it reminds me of one of those tacky, goopy lip gloss. Not as much like Vaseline, with slip to it. This one is quite tacky and thick!

I wore it the first time at work, it was a 10-hour shift without lunch break, so I had to eat and drink on the run, and by the end of the day, I could still feel some of the product was still left on my lips. The next day, I tried it again, this time underneath one of the Aerin lipsticks. I found that if I applied this product too thick, the lipstick on top does not glide well. I tried it the next day, the very next day, and so on and I think the secret is to put on just a small dab on top and bottom lips and that seems to do the trick for me. It minimizes the goopiness, but still protect my lips from dehydration.

The lip conditioner by itself won’t add moisture to already chapped lips, better first to remove the flaky layer (using your lip scrub of choice, or just do it like me with a little moist cotton pads/towel) and then put this on to prevent lips from drying. Also, due to loads of chemical-artificial ingredients, I wouldn’t use this when I’m at home a lot with BabyLorp (because I tend to kiss him a lot and I hate having shimmery particle on his baby cheeks, much less goopy product like this) -- I much rather use something like Nuxe Reve de Miel or Sprout Lip Balm (that I received from the last Birchbox) when I’m at home because I’d like to think it is less chemically than this one.


One of the best part of this lip conditioner is actually the scent. All Aerin products are scented rose. Some are soapy (such as in her lipsticks), but this one is quite mild and pleasant. In fact, I really grew to like the scent. It is also tinted pink with a bit of shimmer particle, but it mostly translates as clear on my semi-pigmented lips. The comparison swatch below is with Clarins Eclat Minute Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 02 Apricot Shimmer


L to R: Aerin Lip Conditioner -- Clarins Eclat Minute in 02 Apricot Shimmer

This picture was shot in a cloudy day and my limited equipments almost failed to capture the difference in color. Sufficed to say, Clarins is a bit warmer, peachier in tone, and Aerin Lip Conditioner is more baby pinkish. Both has low light simmer, almost undetectable. Both translates as clear on the lips, unless yours are very very pale in nature.

Overall, I’m pleasantly surprised with Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner. I think I will finish off my Clarins Eclat Minute before purchasing a full tube of this.

2 comments:

  1. Does this product have any beeswax in the ingredients, either active or inactive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does not seem like it. Please read the ingredient list above.

      Delete