10.10.2012

Today, I'm thankful for..

.. the big purge.

While BabyLorp was at a nanny-share, I cleaned up the house and donated lots of old clothing, baby gadgets, and trashed old, half-used, no-longer-loved makeup. Every time I do a clean up like this, there is a little part of me that still wants to hang on to whatever it is I'm trying to get rid of: "Oh, this is the bouncer where I took the picture of BabyLorp on his very first Christmas, maybe I shouldn't donate it," or "I wore this lipgloss on my brother's wonderful wedding just two years ago, there is no way I'd throw it now!" Hmm.. what's the shelf-life of a tube of lipgloss ? Forever, of course, especially when it was the Maquillage one that I bought in Singapore before the wedding. Or if the palette was from Inoui ID of Dick Page's era.

However, the way I overcome this is to keep in my mind that for new things to come into my life, I must part with old things, and no things is permanent.

I am thankful that I have been blessed with all these material goodness that have served their purpose at some time in my life, be it a lipstick, a blush, a dress, or a baby bouncer. As I grew older, I come to understand that each things that come in my life is to serve a purpose, and the way to honor it is to use it mindfully, to enjoy it while it is here with me, and to part with it when the time comes.

Now, it is time for me to part with them in order to make a room for more blessings to come into my life.

Please share with us your gratitude for the day.

P.S. I keep the Inoui ID palette. Who am I kidding? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment