Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Aerin Beauty Multi Color for Lips and Cheeks in 01 Natural

I have had this Aerin Beauty Lips and Cheeks product for a while, I just haven’t post the review since the baby hasn’t been napping long enough for me to write anything. So here goes:



This Multi Color Lips and Cheeks is part of the permanent collection, and it is designed to complement other Aerin Beauty products. So far, there is only one color: 01 Natural. I like it that the compact has a nice-sized mirror and comes with a functional drawstring bag (it actually closes!). The color is also quite foolproof; a mauve brown. On my cheeks (which is now slighly lighter than NC 20), it gives a hint of sophisticated reddish brown tint without being overboard.

Notice how wide the mirror is, it is very functional especially for cheek product application (so you can see your entire face, not just a smidgen of cheek!). On days when I can do to a gym, I just pop this in and a mascara and I’m good to go.

I found the product rather creamy instead of waxy (a la Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges), even more so on the lips. It actually feels like I’m wearing oil on my lips (which can turn out pretty drying at the end of the wear time). So, do layer on with lip balm of your choice, or do as I do, using Aerin’s own Lip Conditioner (reviewed here). Finally, it is rose-scented but perhaps the faintest of all the lips product in Aerin line.

Here’s the obligatory ingredients shot:


You may wonder how the color of this color translates on lips v.s. cheeks. Well, as I mentioned before, the texture is rather creamy/oily, almost, so it goes on quite sheer on the lips. It is definitely one of those MLBB color. The bold swatch down below may appear glossy, and indeed some glossiness translates as such on the lips, as well. Staying power is rather poor, perhaps 2-3 hours? I don’t keep track, honestly, and this is not the line of makeup for long-wear purposes either.

Swatches under the shade with natural lighting:


Under direct sunlight:



Finally, a comparison shot of other cream lip/cheek products that I have:



From L to R: Stila Convertible Color in Forget-Me-Not (I think dc’ed, but the perfect mauve for me) -- Aerin Beauty Lips and Cheeks -- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink -- Stila CC in Camelia.

Below is the arm swatches of the above products, in the same order, under direct sunlight.


Forget-Me-Not is decidedly the most mauve among them all, but sheered out, it produces the same effect. So is Camelia. Powder Pink is definitely more rosy pink.

THM: Not bad at all, but not a must-have.

No comments:

Post a Comment