Saturday, December 1, 2012

Loving Right Now

Loving Right Now

Loving Right Now by declairelegenou featuring lip makeup

As the day gets shorter and weather gets cooler, I'm leaning more and more toward something warm & brightening, something to look forward to when I don't feel like getting up in the morning.

  • Chanel Malice. I'm not usually a dark nail polish wearer but this one is a stunner. Absolutely classic on tips. Visit Sabrina's blog here for her wonderful review and extensive comparison to other Chanel shades.
  • L'Eau d'Hiver from Frederic Malle's Editions de Parfums. If there's such a thing as a quiet fragrance, this is it. It conjures up the stillness of winter, the white, snow-blanketed scenery and the absolute stillness of it. Very quiet and comforting as well.
  • Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm. I slather this thickly before I go to bed as an insurance for supple, crack-free lips in the morning.
  • Eucalyptus essential oil. I place about 10-15 drops of eucalyptus essential oil (mine is from Whole Foods) onto a small towel and place them underneath my hot shower for a wonderful aromatic steam in the morning or night. It makes my shower that much more luxurious, plus it clears up the nose and winter stale air. If only I can restrain myself to take as short of a shower as possible (it is vile to my dry, eczema-prone skin).
  • Aerin Beauty The Mini Lipstick in Lolabird (reviewed here). I grow to love this magenta on my lips, perhaps because it is less silicony than Burberry Velvets (which I love anyhow), and perhaps because I just crave brighter colors but not red, yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment