Monday, December 10, 2012

Thankful Tuesday



Thankful Tuesday comes early to the rescue. Let's be honest, holiday season hardly inspires a feeling of gratitude among us. It's all about wish-list (want, want, want!), or sale (want, want, and more WANT), or expectations from yourself (I wish by now I would have been ... = want!) and loved ones (I wish ... would have gifted/called/visited/... = want!). Sometimes, the expectation is so high, so many people are not looking forward to the holiday season itself. No wonder anecdotally the increase of suicide rate has been associated with holiday season (although several articles has debunk this). Who can live with such high of an expectation? And why all of it has to come down to just one day/week/month of the year anyway?

Still, I'd like to think that we can all find a little respite from all the endless wanting and find a glimmer of gratefulness. Here are a few of my favorite things to get the ball rolling:

  • A morning hug and kiss from BabyLorp.
  • A good cup of tea in the morning, aaahhh!
  • The good feeling after I put on makeup and do my hair. 
  • Two friendly corgis who came to greet me and BabyLorp on our outing today.
  • Bare branches of my thunder plum tree (and finding a small bird nest in it!).
  • A time for myself to write this blog.

No doubt, money can buy nice things, but some of the best things in life are free. It is my sincere hope that you will find them big and small wherever you are. 

What are some of the things that you are thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment