1.21.2013

Thankful Tuesday

Something upsets me terribly just now. No, nothing on the news or involving celebrities of such. It is just regular things that regular adults do. They go out, enjoy themselves, have dinner with friends. It's just that I can't remember when was the last time I did it. I can't remember when was the last time I went to a Happy Hour. Can't remember the last time I went for a dinner and a movie. Can't remember when I'm able to myself without being hurried.

If I'm being honest with myself, the thoughts of "lack" is pervasive in my mind. The thought of "not enough." Not enough help, not enough break, not enough time, not enough.

So, what's better to remedy those thoughts of lack than thoughts of gratitude -- affirming to myself yet again that the universe is abundant, even if it is not in the form that I desire.


  • Abundance of help I received today with BabyLorp (thanks to national holiday, PapaLorp came home early from work and no school!).
  • Abundance of delicious laughter from BabyLorp.
  • Abundance of heat and electricity in this chilly night.
  • Abundance of hot running water to wash my face just now.
  • Abundance of safety and security this little house provides.
  • Abundance of health that we've been enjoying in the deep flu season.
  • Abundance of clean diapers for tomorrow, all washed up and ready to go. 
Are you, like me, suffering from frequent bouts of thoughts of lack? What are your antidotes to those thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful things to be thankful for. I am very thankful that I made the decision to quit my job. I already feel so much better and it's only my second day off. I am also super thankful to have my lovely kitten here with me.

    On a side note: I just switched my comments to Disqus because I want there to be more of a conversation rather then just people leaving comments. Disqus seems right for that. And thoughts on the switch would be highly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pets are always lovely things to be thankful about! I'm not familiar with Disqus but I'll check it out on your blog now. And I'm glad to hear that you are at peace with your decision of quitting your day job.

      Delete