3.13.2013

Burberry Beauty License finally goes to...

... BPI. According to my trusty Burberry counter manager, the same company that have distributed and manufactured NARS and Shiseido will take over Burberry Beauty (and possibly perfumes?) starting in April 2013.

Should we be thrilled? Or should we stock up on whatever's left on the current products made by InterParfumes? Personally, I've never been wowed by NARS eye shadows. They are really hit-miss for me in terms of color and texture. So, I may stock up on some of the eye shadows since Burberry with InterParfumes has been very consistent in its texture and quality. Lipsticks? I'd be over the moon if they'll get rid of that parma violet smell of Burberry lipsticks... much like those of NARS and Shiseido's.

Speaking of Burberry, our local Nordstrom is having a pre-sale for the trend show event on March 23rd with wonderful gifts for purchase of $150:

  • Full-size Lip Glow in Golden Peach (I have this shade from last year, wunderbar)
  • Full-size Eye Shadow in Pearl White (also have this shade from last year, a workhorse)
  • Sample Burberry BODY fragrance (not too crazy about this one to be honest)
  • Sample card of Fresh Glow (another wunderbar workhorse)
  • Burberry cosmetic bag (plether bottom with plastic top, pretty basic)


If you are interested, you can reach Nordstrom Bellevue at (425) 455-5800 and ask to speak to Angie at Burberry Cosmetics. I get ZIP from mentioning this to you guys, just passing out info and good words.

Have you been following the Burberry licensing story? What are your thoughts on this? You can read tidbits of Burberry license agreement saga here and here.

6 comments:

  1. I've never been wowed by NARS either but the Shiseido colors and textures are pretty high in my esteem. So I'm torn too. Part of me want to grab all the Burberry things on my wishlist (and then some) just to be safe. YKWIM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know there's a Shiseido fan out there. I'm liking the direction the brand is going with Dick Page at the helm.

      Delete
  2. Hi Claire! How fun to "meet" another blogger in the area :) I live in Bellevue and I know Angie, too! Are you in Bellevue too, or just nearby? Maybe we can meet up sometime for shopping/makeup play :) Are you going to be at the trend show? I have a Guerlain appointment with Marcus Monson on Friday the 22nd!

    (I'm not sure if I'm logged into the right Google account or not right now, but if I'm in the wrong one and it doesn't show up in my profile, my blog is Sasquatch Swatch!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristina,
      We live in Seattle and no, I tend to avoid Trend Shows and such just because a. I have a toddler (aka limited childcare) and b. it's just too crazy! I'm v. introvert at nature, so I tend to love staying home, having quiet time, and go to the counters when it is quiet :-)

      I hope you have fun. Lovely blog that you have, awesome swatches! I hope you'll come back and share how your Guerlain appointment goes.

      Cheers,
      Claire

      Delete
  3. Fascinating news, Claire! I am also not a fan of Nars textures but then again Shiseido's are some of the best out there.
    At the moment, while Burberry's textures are lovely, I find their colour range just that bit too neutral (even their more colourful shades are not niche-fillers in my admittedly unminimalist stash....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,
      Ha..ha.. I knew somehow you'd say that about Burberry colors. But yes, it's a bit mixed feeling with the take over. I read somewhere, though, that companies like BPI or InterParfumes perhaps also source their manufacturing and just handle marketing, development, and so on. So, while BPI takes over, perhaps they will still use the manufacturers used by InterParfums and the texture, colors, etc. are still the same. Who knows what's going to happen. I will need to dig further into this.

      Claire

      Delete