Saturday, April 6, 2013

FACE Stockholm for J.Crew Lipstick: Peony Pink

J.Crew strikes again, this time with bright, vibrant pink for Spring.


I read up a little bit about FACE Stockholm and I grow to like the company. It is still owned and operated by a mother-daughter team, and they value personal interaction with customers. Not sure how that translates in real life since I've never been to any of their boutique, nevertheless, the story is quite charming.

Peony Pink is no shrinking violet. It is a bright, neon pink with slight violet undertone in some lighting. The lipstick goes on creamy with semi-matte finish, but I found it quite drying after a few hours of wearing. It is of medium-high opaque pigment and it leaves a nice stain afterwards. It does not have any scent which I appreciate.

With trend-color lipstick like this, I like something that is pigmented so I can wear it in a few different ways. Lately, I've blotted it down to a stain and put the Aerin lip balm on top for a nice sheen. Sometimes I muted the color down using milky-pink shade gloss or beige gloss. I've also layered it under sheer coral lipstick to change the color a little (something along the line of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine). Finally, it actually looks quite good full on, straight from the bullet, especially under the unflattering indoor lighting.

The left-hand swatch is done in one swipe, the right-hand is done in four.

Under direct sunlight

Under shade

THM: a nice color to update your look for the Spring.

FACE Stockholm for J.Crew lipstick is available at local J.Crew stores and jcrew.com for $20. Check out my other review of J.Crew lipstick here.

No comments:

Post a Comment