12.08.2013

Loving Right Now

Loving Right Now, Late Fall 2013


A few things I've been loving right now, late Fall leading into Holiday season:
  • The dainty yet glowy shade, aptly name Love Glow by Charlotte Tilbury, paired with a fresh, bright pinky red of Chanel Rouge Coco in No. 31 Cambon. Both go very well with either glamorous or subdued eyes.
  • A second Simple Pleasures hat that I knitted using a hand-dyed cashmere of the duskiest grey hue from Ireland.
  • Lavender + Eucalyptus essential oil drops, hanging from a washcloth, that transforms an ordinary shower into a luxurious one. Even the garden-variety essential oil brands from your grocery stores will do!
  • Smith Teamaker Meadow blend no. 67: an intoxicating melange of chamomile, rooibos, rose petals and linden blossoms that keeps me company in chilly nights.
  • Bernardaud tea votive (similar version that I bought from Paris a long, long time ago), the votive that I give as gifts to commemorate milestones such as weddings, engagements, birth of a baby, etc.
  • Handel's Messiah, especially the Dunedin Consort's version which is impossibly, impeccably, incredibly angelic, perhaps what Handel would have intended. Click here for Spotify link.

What have brightened your spirit lately?

6 comments:

  1. What an exquisite collage! Thank you for introducing me to both Hedgehog Fibres and Smith teas :'( I've been swooning over their selections.
    My personal cuppa of the moment is some orange blossom oolong from Taiwan, paired with a big triangle scarf in mindless stockinette out of some rich DyeForYarn burgundy merino :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank YOU for introducing me to DyeForYarn. I purchased from Beata of Hedgehog Fibres since she first opened her store, her colors are exquisite, she really have eyes for color combinations. Also check out her patterns on Ravelry!

      P.S. Orange blossom oolong sounds heavenly!

      Delete
  2. I've been using more essential oils too this past month; eucalyptus is amazing if you have any problems breathing or in need of a bit of waking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, we always have eucalyptus on hand esp. for cooler months. I get sick a lot since I have the little guy, he brings home germs! I sometimes put a drop or two in our humidifier, it helps with breathing. What other oil combo do you use?

      Delete
  3. i love smith's lord bergamot tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm wanting to try next, glad to hear someone else tried this tea brand.

      Delete