12.22.2013

Season's Greetings


Twelve selections we'd love to hear at the Land, in no particular order. Get your Spotify ready, here goes..
  1. Welcome Christmas from The Grinch. A childhood classic.
  2. All I Want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan by Kenny Chesney, a favorite of PapaLorp, a summary of how I grew up spending Christmases: somewhere in the beach, getting a good tan.
  3. All We Like Sheep from Handel Messiah, the Dunedin Consort version. Notice how each part of the chorus is meandering here and there, really lost like the sheep!
  4. Somewhere in My Memory from Home Alone Soundtrack (this one is a good youtube video with nice sceneries from Quebec).
  5. Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney reminds me of my first Christmas away from home, where I found myself in a plush country club in Bexley, OH, slathered head to toe with Country Apple toiletries from Bath and Body Works.
  6. Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley, a Christmas when my mom, my sister, and I spent karaoke-ing at a tropical resort.
  7. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas by Michael Buble. In case you haven't gotten into the holiday mood yet.
  8. Last Christmas by Wham. Who can forget this??
  9. Silent Night from the Los Romeros, best enjoyed near fireplace with your loved ones around.
  10. Christmas Swing from Django Reinhardt and St├ęphane Grappelli, for all the fans of "Hot Club" jazz.
  11. Winter Wonderland by Diana Krall -- or anything from Diana Krall, really. I just close my eyes and imagine myself looking gorgeous and chic, in some swanky, grown-up party, sipping some grown-up drink, nibbling on some grown-up hors d'oeuvres, having some grown-up conversations, before I am brought back to reality by...
"More, more, Mama!!" The final selection, the most favoritest of the ToddlerLorp himself (before he discovers Alvin and The Chipmunks Christmas -- which I will spare you). I present you, the Las Vegas Brass Band Jingle Bells:



I wish you a merry Christmas and a blessed New Year of 2014, from our Land to yours.

2 comments:

  1. to Claire, to the Toddler Lorp & Papa Lorp, wishing you the sweetest & brightest holiday season!
    <3 from Belly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Belly, and from my house to yours <3

      Delete