4.20.2014

MOTW: Bobbi meets Twiggy


I have lots of Bobbi Brown items in my stash that need some lovin' lately. Some of her products really perform and not to mention, she was probably the first makeup "guru" pre-Youtube. This week, I'm continuing the Spring fling theme with shimmery bronzy-goldy eyes, fluttery lashes and fresh pink to round up the look.

Base:
I still like having quite emollient skin care + sun screen followed by thin, watery foundation gently patted to meld them together. Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation is something that I found last year. I wear the lightest shade now, and second lightest during the summer. I found the finish is not as dewy as I expect it, but not flat either. It wears well, perhaps 6-8 hours depending on the day, sans powder. Burberry Sheer Concealer 01 Light Beige is making its regular appearance.

Eyes:
Burberry Trench as a base, followed by Gold Trench as deepening color for crease.
The whole thing is then sprinkled with the glorious, oldie-but-goodie Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmerbrick. Yes, Shimmerbricks tend to give me disco-ball effect on the face but it is absolutely fantastic for eye-toppings. The liner is Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Chocolate Shimmer -- it has a bit of a reddish tone to bring out the green in my eyes. I haven't quite decide to wing-it or not but either way, I'm aiming for a toned-down, Twiggy eye look, so top and bottom lashes are coated with Maybelline the Colossal VolumExpress Mascara -- which I surprisingly love.

Cheeks:
Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pale Pink, gently patted on freshly moisturized-and-foundationized skin. 

Lips:
A swipe of the above-mentioned Pot Rouge + a slick of Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Pink Lily circa Spring last year.

I hope everyone has recovered from the Easter weekend. We had great fun, great food and lots of bouncy-house enjoyment: so much so that all the parents got motion sickness form it. Have a great week, everyone!



2 comments:

  1. the old pot rouges were so fantastic! :) I just got a sample of the new Skin Foundation stick to try out. Hope it works nicely for a good fuller coverage cream foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the old pot rouges: it really doubles for cheeks and lips, not the most emollient, but decent lip coloration. Yes, let us know how the new Skin Foundation works for you!

      Delete