4.14.2014

MOTW: Coral Eyes


I love the idea of following makeup trend but hate to shell out money, especially for trendy stuffs. One of the trend I like to try this Spring is coral eyes, so I whip out this selection from my own stash:

  • Horizon de Chanel Blush: the middle dark pink/purple bar on lash line to soften the pencil liner (see below) and the coral shade below it as accent on the eyes.
  • Burberry Gold Trench: hardly ever used this one, but it makes the perfect canvas/deepening color on the crease for coral accent.
  • Burberry Trench as a base
  • Lunasol Skin Modeling Foundation: I'm testing this one out. This foundation is not ideal for dry skin like mine, but I use quite emollient base & skin care daily anyway. I apply this with wet sponge, lightly tapping to synergize it to the moist, freshly-prepped skin.
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Apfel Strudel: a pale, coral pink with sickly fruity scent which is a bit less offensive than NYX Mega Shine gloss.
  • Maquillage Mascara, the lengthening kind. LOVE!
  • Burberry Sheer Concealer Pen in 01 Light Beige
  • Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black Tulip
  • Charlotte Tilbury Love Glow to round up the look for the lovely pink-coral halo.
    A little note about using broken blush/pan: if you have used broken pan before, you know that it will never deliver the same uniform pigment. Every time I open this pan, a bit of blush chipped out and the dust just inevitably cling patchily to the brush. So sad.. In my MUA heyday, I would have packed this baby with alcohol but I learned that once I did so, the pigment/powder never picked up the same with brush. Totally still usable but I wish I have a new pan so I won't have to deal with the patchy powder in daily basis. 
The Tod is sick so we'll most probably be staying at home during this whole Spring break week. I hope everyone have a great week!


5 comments:

  1. Man, everytime I see your Trench pan... *struck speechless*

    :( and your CT blush makes me sad. Stupid Selfridges shipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trench pan is easy, it's a base shadow so I use it everyday :-)
      Btw, didn't you have good experience w/ Selfridges shipping? Is it from online? Maybe I should ask you next time I feel the need to order form them.

      Delete
  2. I know it hasn't been that long, but any update on the Lunasol foundation?? ACK that Chanel is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know 2x.. I'm trying to give my bases a good rotation. I'm hoping to give this a good, thorough review, sometimes soon :-) So far, this one is not for dry skin, for sure. This one dries natural finish, not 100% matte but not dewy either, and formulation is v. thin. It gives medium coverage, much like many Asian foundations out there that I've tried, buildable to heavy. I have to use relatively emollient base to "redeem" this foundation on my dry skin. I wear second to lightest shade, which is still a bit too dark for me now (I could have bought the lightest shade but I probably won't wear it during summer months, when the formula of this foundation would be more suitable for me). Is this good for a preview?

      Delete
    2. Ha ha yes, it's great!!! Thank you :-)

      Delete