4.09.2014

Thankful Thursday



So Thankful Tuesday comes two days late, but better late than never. I've been especially thankful for:
  • Great weather! I mean, no rain is great, right? I don't mind a bit of cloud, but non-rainy day means scooting in the park, getting into the zip line with the Tod, eating ice cream, all those wonderful things
  • Friends. Ah.. where would we be without them. The only reason why we have not moved from our tiny house is friends we have nearby & neighbors with whom we actually love to hang out. No amount of money can buy that..
  • Flowers, flowers everywhere.
  • My orchid coming back to life, thanks to my green-thumbed neighbor. Apparently some mold has been eating at the root but thanks to her, I think Vandy is going to be ok.
  • Birthdays. I used to hate birthdays, mine or anyone else's. But now that I have friends who have children, I am always reminded that birthdays are privileges. It is truly an honor to have witnessed yet another year of a child growing up healthy and happy, especially in this world that is full of things that can go wrong, really, it is against all odds to have a wonderful celebration of life.
I hope everyone has had a good week so far!

2 comments:

  1. Love orchids too!!! I have one but sadly I don't think it's coming back :-( very very sad face. Luckily they aren't too expensive at trader joe's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad (who grows & owns lots of orchids) said it is harder to kill a mosquito than an orchid. Well.. he just doesn't know how many has died on my hands :-( so I feel you.

      Delete