7.24.2014

Happy Homemade Sew Along Day 5


Well, not much to write on Day 5. I was getting tired that this project drags on to more than a full-week instead of 5-day ordeal. In any case, day 5 was a bit uneventful. I sew the hems and inserted the drawstring, and voila, we have a hoodie.

I love that it is made out of shirting flannel; it is soft yet warm at the same time, perfect for those chilly Summer nights or transitioning into Fall. That also means the Tod can wear it right away, he actually cannot wait!

I wasn't sure how the Tod going to receive it, but he loves it. I think he was amazed that I made something out of a piece of fabric. Of course, he didn't see my work, otherwise, he would have want to sew it himself, but I told him that if he wants to learn how to sew, he can. In fact, some of the best designers are men: Karl, Valentino..



4 comments:

  1. Claire! Such a great job! I've been following along and while fascinating, it looks really hard. I wonder if buying a dinky sewing machine for the purposes of simple things (like hemming pants. Or is this hard, too) might be a good investment and way to slowly ease into things.
    Tod looks adorable in his new hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Belly!! No, sewing is not at all hard, best part: if you make mistake, you can always start again. Hemming is a good way of starting: skirts, pants, they are all so easy, just straight stitches! I highly encourage you to do it, maybe Baby-Bellies would like to pick up sewing, too when they are a bit older.

      Delete
  2. Bravo! I want one! *eyes Tod thoughtfully wondering if he's a deep sleeper* You did such a great job on the pocket and setting in the hood, especially around all those corners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Technically, I think it is a step up from everything I've sewn so far, but it inspires me to make more shirt-look-alike projects.

      Delete