7.15.2014

Thankful Tuesday

Lots of things to be grateful lately.. in no particular order:

  • Cold dinners; mostly consisting of cold tofu, salad of tomato, lettuce, cucumber, and cold soba. Even more delicious is hearing the Tod's sound of slurping.
  • The Tod saying, "I want to spend time with mama!" while tugging at my hand.
  • A working car with working AC -- always grateful for that, especially in hot weather like this.
  • Iced coffee and iced green tea from Yamamoto Yama (both sweetened and unsweetened are as good).
  • A time to shower this morning.
  • Bubble blower!
  • The Salal berries we enjoyed this afternoon, right from our own sidewalk (blackberries are just a few weeks away now!).
  • Delicious, moist, chocolate birthday cake with chocolate mousse & chocolate ganache from Bakery Nouveau.
  • A job that has allowed me to spend time with the Tod at home. It is easy to complain about the money I don't earn, the missed opportunity, and the worries of being on the lowest rank of the corporate feeding chain -- and it's easy to forget that the trade off is truly priceless. As my favorite Bono quote says, "What you don't have, you don't need it now."
Maybe it is your child, your spouse, your friends and co-worker. Maybe it is your meal, your time alone, your unexpected finds. Gratitudes shared = gratitudes multiplied, so please share yours with us! I hope you have enjoyed your summer so far with your loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. I looooove cold soba!
    I spent a day at the seaside with my family eating fish and chips this week. That was soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your gratitude! I love eating with family, fish & chips sounds delicious!

      Delete