8.10.2014

Boots Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm


I can't believe I have not written about this product! I've been using this faithfully for more than two years now, then I came across Lisa E's video about cleansing balm and I thought, wait a minute, I know that balm! 

Among the most-talked about Eve Loms (at $19.8/fl oz) or Emma Hardies (at $14.8/fl oz), Boots Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm is an excellent cleansing balm with equally excellent price point ($4.18/fl oz) that I can hardly think of any improvement. It is readily available (from local Tar-jay), super affordable ($8 and change on the website but I stock up mine on occasional Tar-jay sales), and lasts almost forever (a pot easily lasts me 6+ months or so with daily use). 

The pot comes with its own muslin but I prefer using my own washcloth to remove excess. I use Satsuma Design Organic Washcloths that I received as a baby gift for the Tod, they are super soft yet effective for removing extra balms on the face (the Satsuma washcloth is the "dirty looking" cloth underneath the pot on the above picture. It's really not that dirty but I do not use optical bleach/whitener on my laundry so it does look "used")

I use this pot since the beginning of the year and I think it'll last me till the end of the month.

The somewhat waxy balm melts upon contact of body heat and is easily spreadable. It has a pleasant scent of citrus that is very light. An almond-size is enough to cleanse my face and neck. It feels luxurious to the skin, so luxurious that it may inspire you to do the famous Suqqu Gankin massage. It needs to be completely removed with hot cloth several times, but it never strips my skin. In fact, there were times when all I did was to cleanse with this balm, went to bed, and my skin looked rejuvenated in the morning -- almost like a break from all the chemicals in skin care. Finally, I can never seem to emulsify this balm with water but that's o.k, it does a great job removing all tenacious makeup, waterproof sunscreen, even mascara and it never stings my eyes.

Ingredients:
Olea europaea (Olive) fruit oil, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Cera alba (Beeswax), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Rosa canina seed oil, Limonene, Citronellol, Pelargonium graveolens flower oil, Citrus aurantium dulcis peel extract, Linalool, Citrus aurantium bergamia (Bergamot) fruit oil, Citrus medica limonum (Lemon) peel oil, Geraniol, Parfum (Fragrance), Citral



A natural choice for second cleanse after this balm is by using Boots Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask which was previously reviewed here. Ahh.. I can already feel my skin is gently cleansed and refreshed!

THM: Holy grail balm cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment