8.04.2014

MOTW: The Chanel Series - Enigma

Can you spot "Charlotte Tilbury" in the picture?

A few years back, I get rid a lot of my old Chanel quads, simply because the oil from the skin, transferred from the brush, got absorbed into the powder compact, altering the color, consistency and texture that they were not worth keeping anymore. Enigma survived. It is one of the newer-old quads, circa Autumn 2010. It contains many shimmering, sparkling colors of the Fall.

For this week's MOTW inspiration, be ready for a lot of makeup. In fact, this is a rather fake MOTW, in that I don't use this much makeup daily. But let's just say playing with makeup is what I love to do every now and then (don't we all?) and this is my muse -- in case any of you are anticipating the release of Charlotte Tilbury at Nordstrom:


Sure, Enigma is not equal to CT's Glamour Muse palette, but it contains the same.. feel for the look, a little less vibrant, a little less disco. This look is a tame-er version of the Glamour Muse, call it the Tame Muse.

  • Base is the luminous Lunasol Skin Modeling Liquid Foundation applied over a very emollient base, followed by Eve Lom Foundation in shade 12 Honey to sculpt the cheek bone and Jouer Luminizing Moisture tint to highlight cheek bones. Think of the sample-duo as the low-wattage, cream version of CT Filmstar Bronze & Glow -- in case any one of you missed it from the recent Nordie sales.
  • Chanel Quad Enigma: the upper mushroomy shade applied all over the eye lids, through the socket, blending with the shimmering pink on the inner 1/3 corner in. Lower dark violet on the outer 1/3 of the eyes blending outwards and upwards per Tilbury technique. Lower dusky mauve to shade the bottom lids.
  • Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes Powder Pencil Eyeliner in Black to line. My hooded lids don't accomodate wing eyeline kindly anymore, but if you can rock 'em, go for it! 
  • Lots and lots of Le Volume de Chanel mascara. Why do I love this one so much? First, because it holds curl. Second, it really gives that beefy lashy look without the gunky side-effect. Third, because it melts into any eye makeup remover as opposed to flake up and never dissolved (I'm talking to you, Eyeko Mascaras!)
  • Charlotte Tilbury Blush in Love Glow, the only original item from the inspiration look.
  • Aerin Mini Lipstick in Lolabird, previously reviewed here. To be completely accurate to the look, I'd also line my lips with a nudy-pink liner like Boots no 7 Nude Lip Liner.
  • Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Pink Lily from a Spring collection a few years back.
If you notice, rarely my makeup involved any brow products. That is because I am blessed with quite ample brows -- in fact perhaps I was quite famous for channeling Frida Kahlo herself during my teenage years. Now that I am a bit older, my brows are not as bushy that I have to gel them in place yet they are still full that I don't have to fill in with pencil and such. Sorry, don't be hatin' and do your own brow-thing to adapt this look

So, how do you recycle your old palettes, lipsticks, glosses to fit current trend? By shopping my own stash, I won't need to purchase a palette, an eye liner, a lipstick and a lip gloss from the impending CT line. Do you feel you need to have the actual product or do you strive to achieve the same "feel" of the look?

Wishing you all a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment