8.18.2014

MOTW: The Chanel Series - Prelude


Prelude is the last quad in the Chanel MOTW series yet it is easily the second most-used Chanel quad in my collection, after Raffinement. Just look at the dimples! Again, what sets Prelude apart from any other neutrals is the sophisticated execution of shades by Chanel. The taupy-mushroom is not your garden-variety white button mushrooms but the delicate shimeji. Ditto with the other mushrooms.. err.. shades.


Prelude is perfect for the ultimate no-makeup makeup look like the one here featuring Diane Kruger. I use:

  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua shade B20, which is a shade darker than my skin, to warm up the overall look. Think of this as my effort to dupe Chanel's own Beige series (I own none of the product in that range) which evoke that air of bonne mine -- healthy glow look.
  • Stila Convertible Color in Camelia, a brown peachy-beige shade to further warm up the complexion. Diane does not seem to have a blush on, so I use Camelia as a blush + contour, placing it high at the cheek bone and blending down, similar to the picture.
  • (not shown) Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl to mimic the highlight on the triangular V under the eye. You can also use a foundation/concealer a shade lighter but I prefer using SSP sparingly on top of the cheek bone and a bit on the upper part of the apples of the cheeks.
  • Chanel Prelude quad in traditional placement: mid-tone mushroom shade all over the lid, mid-tone darker taupe shade to shade the socket and to trace lightly on the bottom lash line. The highlighter shade in the inner corners.
  • Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in 04 Brown Black. It does not seem that Diane sport an overly-smoky look on the upper lash line, so I use this to tight-line instead of filling in between the lashes.
  • Little Witch Mote Mascara to cheat lush but natural lashes.
  • Boots No 7 Lip Liner in Nude all over the lips.
  • Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Chic, circa Autumn collection few years back, to trace around the mouth, especially on the outer edges. Chic may look like a murky mud, but it is a sheer, greyish rose-beige on my lips, the perfect complement to this look.
When I think of a no-makeup makeup look, I think of minimal product to enhance facial feature. Actually, this look uses full-on makeup and can still look like there's no-makeup.

I hope you have enjoyed the Chanel MOTW Series so far. Let me know on the comment section which quad you think I should own and why. Next week, I'll share with you which quad I should own and a mini organization tip to conclude the series.

Wishing you all a great week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. A lovely selection of cosmetics here. I do like the Vitalumiere Aqua - I should probably dust mine off and use it!

    ReplyDelete