9.23.2014

MOTW: Burberry Beauty S/S15


As I tweeted earlier last week, it was a nice strategic move from Burberry to reach out to YouTubers/bbloggers to re-create their runaway look. Fashion shows are perennial distraction of my YouTube consumption, Burberry ones mostly for the talented performers that they feature (sorry, not talking about James Bay but more of Benjamin Clementine's performance on the Menswear S/S15 who gave me goose bumps).

And behold! I think I already have almost all the items in my collection to re-create the look, which is quite minimalistic and quick enough to do when you have a toddler hanging from your leg while you are trying to get ready in the morning. I think now I'm warming up to the idea of a little color on my skin. As I get older, I notice that a little color really gives that healthy "vibe" without piling on too much makeup.


  • Burberry Fresh Glow; mine is in the original shade, not the honey shade featured, mixed in with a tiny, pin-head size of Eve Lom Radiance Lift Foundation sample in Honey (a sample that keeps on giving!) to warm up the skin.
  • Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW foundation in Petal, a shade darker than what I'd normally wear. This one is a sub for the new Burberry Fresh Glow Foundation, which I suspect won't have a good match on my skin tone. However...
  • Burberry Sheer Luminous Concealer in 01 Light Beige has been my staple product since it was launched.
  • Burberry Light Glow blush in Earthy for cheeks & lids, which are prepped by a wash of Burberry Eye Shadow in Trench.
  • Supposedly one of the key feature to this look, apart from the honeyed skin, is the bare lashes. Well, no offense. The model, YouTubers, and bbloggers are at least 10 years younger than moi and at my age, I simply can't have my lashes bare. A pinching curl & a swipe of Le Volume de Chanel mascara will do.
  • Not having the Burberry Lip Cover in Ruby does not send me scouring the internet to purchase it pronto.. but rather, I followed my intuition in that I already have something similar in my stash, and less stinky (yes, Burberry, please de-stink the lip products and I will love you forevah, thanks) Tom Ford lipstick in Cherry Lush.



The Cherry Lush does look pristine, doesn't it? Well, only from the front; I use lip brush with mine and get the color from the side. I do wonder if anyone out there does this with their lipstick. One of these days, I'll swipe it right off from the bullet, for sure. I love this color and I may as well enjoy it, like daily.

Wishing you all a productive week and happy first day of Autumn!


No comments:

Post a Comment