11.13.2014

Throwback Thursday: Matte Lipsticks



I don't know when matte lipstick trend started. Not long ago (that is to say in 2012), Burberry released Lip Velvet. I'm even surprised that Aerin Lolabird is still in my lipstick wardrobe and get used every now and then.

All of which tells me that fashion and beauty have a trend to recycle themselves; if you pay attention to this, you may.. may just happily skip the Tom Ford Lip Color Matte or the impending import of Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution.

2 comments:

  1. :) I agree! All these trends come rotating back. I do like that the new incarnation usually feature the advances in formula for whatever. Can't say personally about matte lipsticks since matte lipsticks and I are mortal enemies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, formulation is one thing that always evolve for the better. Agree on that one, too!

      Delete