1.12.2015

MOTW: First Date Makeup

DodoCase by J.Crew (old)


Are you, like me, are also excited that Lisa Eldridge is now the Makeup Creative Director of Lancome? O.k. let's talk about this for a second. Michelle Phan was never my cuppa, much too young for my taste. However, I must agree that both Michelle and Lisa have more things in common internet-wise, so the move to hire Lisa is a smart one by Lancome. My first bonafide lipstick was a Lancome but after that, I think I only have bought their mascaras and perfume. In fact, I dig in my stash for any Lancome products to showcase on this week's MOTW, I found none. With Lisa at the helm, I look forward to more good things form the brand. Finally, I can't help but to notice the discussion on Lisa's FB about animal testing: while I am for the welfare of animals, I think it a bit naive and perhaps unfair to bring up the issue on the Creative Director of Makeup. The decision of animal testing goes way above at the corporate and/or government level, the politics of which are far beyond reach of some of the most visible figures of the brand. 'Nuff said.

This week, to celebrate Lisa's appointment, I'm recreating the tutorial that hooked me to her channel: the First Date makeup.


The Mary Pickford anecdote is utterly charming, the look is timeless, the rest is history. The look is perfect by itself (to me, at least) I found it hard to improve upon. Even the black liner (instead of my usual dark brown) provides an added punch to a very subtle eye look.

My links are never affiliate, they are provided for your convenience.

  • Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation (not shown) is the latest foundation I'm currently testing. I got pot samples from Sephora where I mix shade N10 and G20, which is, so far, the perfect shade on my winter skin. The coverage is buildable and quite amazing -- in lieu of concealer, I just layer a bit more where needed. Sadly, I know it won't work on my skin for the long run since the formula is a bit dry and draggy. This is where an emollient base with tacky-wet finish (like CT's Magic Cream) would help.
  • Burberry Fresh Glow is a befitting highlighter, as the foundation's natural finish is begging to be illuminized. The secret to making the most out of the Fresh Glow is to apply it when the base is still fresh and moist. 
  • By Terry Cellularose Blush Glace in 01 Rose Melba is, as I said before, good skin in a pot. In fact, I can skip highlighter and just use this.
  • Eyes are done per Lisa's direction, with Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour in In The Buff (y'all know this is my fave), and Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk Eye Pencil 04 Black to dot on my upper lash lines. A coat of Little Witch Mascara and mesmerizing eyes are done.
  • Lips are dressed with a slick of Lunasol Full Glamour Lips 17 Dull Soft Pink.

So I want to know, what was your first date; first date ever or first date with your current partner? PapaLorp and I were in disagreement about our first date, mind you it's been a loooong time ago. Wishing you all a great week ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment