1.05.2015

MOTW: New Year, New NARS Lip Pencil



One day shortly before the craziness of holiday begun, I visited a friend of mine who just had a baby. She is one of those stunning, exotic beauty of South Asian descend (I think of her as my own personal Mrs. Amal Clooney), with a deep, rich, mocha brown skin that glows from within. The baby was cute but What's on your lips? I asked. You asking me? Girl, where have you been? This is NARS satin lip pencil! she said.

I must admit I was a bit embarrassed. Me, the self-proclaimed beauty junky but never have purchased or even tried the trendy NARS Lip extravaganza (the satin lip pencil, the matte lip pencil, the audacious lipstick, what else am I missing?), and she's the mom-of-two-under-five friend who just gave birth, sporting the trend on her lips. I just had to ask and her color was Luxembourg.

NARS Satin Lip Pencil is drying, but the redeeming quality is the tenacious stain. I just rub the heck out of it on the lips, "down to the base of the carpet" a la Lisa E. herself, then blot, then apply the Aerin Lip Conditioner on top. The result lasts all day on me and I just keep touching up with the Aerin balm. Luxembourg is one of those colors that will look stunning among many skin tones, but especially the fair and the deep ones. It makes for a bold statement lip, but can also give away to a nice, juicy, watermelon stain which is totally wearable for preschool run. The formula & color range reminds me a lot of Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids, so if you can find a good color fit in Maybelline Vivids range, I'd say you can skip on the NARS.

The round up:

  • Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream in a decanted pot (review to come -- turn out to be a surprise, new love!)
  • Chantecaille Just Skin in Bliss -- an old love.
  • Stila Convertible Color in Lillium -- a beige-pink to offset the bright lip yet rendering a bit of color on the already-color-drained face.
  • Clinique Airbrush Concealer
  • By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Frozen Quarts
  • Charlotte Tilbury Powder Eye Pencil in Audrey
  • Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara

The whole thing fits into a Truffle Clarity knock-off bag that I've got way back as a gift from Maquia magazine. 




I'm excited to get back in the groove after the no-vacation "vacation." Wishing you all a great week ahead!!

1 comment:

  1. lovely picks! I have that pencil too and love the shade!

    ReplyDelete