2.09.2015

MOTW: Sick Face



Misery has visited the Land yet again. Last week, the Tod had five days of fever followed by a diagnosis of ear infection and pneumonia -- his first round of antibiotic, ever. Then this week, it is my and PapaLorp's turn while still trying to take care of a recovering child. I really don't know how moms with two or more children do it, really. They must have some support system other than day care/school (they surely won't take sick children); otherwise, it is really, really hard to take care of someone else when all you can do is keel over on a bed.

I'm sipping bone broth as we speak, and this is what I'm wearing today:


  • Laneige BB Cushion -- review forthcoming but so far I like this. The tone is yellow enough. The price is not as expensive as other BB Cushions. The finish is not as glowy as I thought it would be, but with...
  • CT Magic Cream underneath, it is glowy enough to give some life to the skin. I skip concealer -- why bother? It will just exaggerate my sickly face, not conceal it. 
  • By Terry Cellularose Blush Glace in 01 Rose Melba is, like I said, good skin in a pot. 'Nuff said.
  • Burberry Trench on the eyes, so it does not look as pink. This one, I learned, has been discontinued, so could this be my first chance to try Surratt shadows?
  • Maybelline The Falsies mascara, which melts in any cleanser that I use, practically a breeze to clean when I don't feel like washing my face at all.

Hope everyone stays healthy and wishing you all a wonderful week ahead.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte! I hope so, too. This season is the worst ever since the last time I got flu (which was in 2008 -- in Asia).

      Delete
  2. Oh, Claire...that's terrible...hope you ALL feel better sooooooon!!! You are a trooper though for still putting makeup on through all that!! xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL If it were just dropping the kid off school/pick up, I wouldn't bother, but I had a few meetings afterwards so I need to look somewhat decent. Thanks, Gummy!!

      Delete
  3. ooh noo lol. when the kids infect the parent, an unfortunate natural progression LOL. hope you're bettter soon. and good on you for applying anything at all. i usually just look like a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Those are the days when I wouldn't care doing anything at all, but meeting people necessitates some primping. Besides, I think when I look good, I feel better, too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete