10.04.2015

Remembering My Mother

Kamila - Kahlil Gibran's mother

Almost a month ago, my mother passed away peacefully. You may have remember a tribute to my mom on this post here. In the many days, weeks and months to come, I will continue my journey on this Earth while forging a new relationship with my mom in Spirit. I know that death is not the end of a relationship, it is just a journey to another adventure.

I think of the love we shared, yet so many times misunderstood. Now, without her physical body and mind, I am bestowed with a gift of my mom's pure love and presence -- the only "thing" that is left of her. There is a reason why she was my mother on this Earth, a reason I have yet and will continue to discover.

"Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself. But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires: 
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. 
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully."
-- Kahlil Gibran on Love



2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry for your loss.
    You have an excellent way of thinking about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlotte, and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete