3.10.2016

Found! Sunscreen that feels like a moisturizer: Paula's Choice Calm SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen


It's true, I am loyal to my beloved Hada Labo sunscreen. The problem is, I never stock-pile (for maximum freshness) and it ships from Japan, which can take as long as a month and a half.

After using up the entire gigantic tube of LRP Anthelios, I decided to shop locally, and Paula's Choice is a local vendor, at least here where I live! I've been truly spoiled. I ordered the sunscreen late evening on Saturday, and it was on my doorstep by Monday afternoon. Talk about pre-drone instant delivery!!

Paula's Choice Calm Redness Relief SPF 30 Mineral Moisturizer is identical to her Skin Recovery SPF 30 Lotion (identical ingredients and price as well -- no particular reason why I bought this version v.s. the Skin Recovery version). It is an all-mineral sunscreen, a combo of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (Paula is serious about her sunscreens, unlike some physical block that only contains zinc oxide, which is not broad spectrum --> I'm talking to you, The Honest Company!).

When I think about an all-mineral sunscreen, I think of a goopy, white, pasty paste, but not so with this one. It has a whipped-cream texture that glides over the skin, leaving it moist but not oily. The slight white cast rubs down completely to almost nothing. I think even ladies with normal-oily combo skin can enjoy this. In fact, just like a good moisturizer, it makes for a good foundation base, too. It contains minimal silicone that I can use it with silicone-heavy foundation like Armani Maestro without balling up. The only downside is the SPF 30 rating, but I try not to fret: with texture so light, it is a joy to reapply. I can't say enough good things about this, I think it has replaced Elta MD sunscreen for me as a locally resourced sunscreen for the foreseeable future.

This sunscreen is fragrance-free, although it smells a bit like cucumber (it has cucumber extract as one of the ingredients) which dissipates quickly and completely. As an added bonus, the sunscreen is loaded with bonafide anti-oxidants, I can truly skip a moisturizer if I want to.

The complete ingredient list is always available at Paula's Choice website. Have you tried other PC's sunscreen?


No comments:

Post a Comment