I am a mom of a BabyLorp, born in the Summer of 2011. Having a child certainly have changed my life, for surprisingly better.
You may wonder what is the Land of Lorp. I had quite a morning (all-day, more like) sickness during my pregnancy and most of the time, spending my time with my husband, PapaLorp, in our sofa watching old episodes of "House." In one of the episodes, House and his fellow doctor kept chicken in their office. They are Australorps, known for being the quietest chicken. The name stuck with us, introverts by nature and thus we were "The Lorps."
There is something about having a baby that prompt many people to blog. I find this little slice of time after my child is asleep where I can be by myself and, if I wish, write a story about my day. I read in one of the parenting book the importance of telling stories for well-being, both for adults and children alike. Perhaps this is my effort in maintaining my own well-being after taking care of the Lorps.
I invite you to thoughtfully share your comments on my posts. Welcome.
Beauty reference (updated January 2015):
I am of light-fair complexion with lemon yellow undertone (MAC NC15), with dark brown/hazel eyes. Some of the foundations/base products I've tried are:
- Chanel Aqualumiere B20
a bit too pink and too dark, but excellent formula.
- Chanel Aqualumiere B10
still a tad to pink but a better match than B20
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Vanille #52
a bit too pink and too dark but less so than Chanel's, excellent formula
- Dior Diorskin Nude 021 Linen
- Dior Nude BB Cream 002 Fair
- Estee Lauder Invisible Skin Makeup 1WN2
a bit drying, somewhat accentuates flakes
- Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW in Ivory (I'm Pure for Sure) -- Best match so far.
Excellent yellow undertone, maybe a tad too pale for the summer, light coverage, v. good satin/glow formula. Unscented.
- YSL Teinte Touche Eclat Beige 10 (winter) or Beige 30 (golden-yellow undertone, summer)
Both v. good formula, satin finish and does not accentuate pores/flakes.
- NARS Sheer Glow in L3 Gobi (winter) or L5 Fiji (summer)
Yellow-peach undertone, light-med coverage, buildable, accentuates dryness/flakes/pores, overall bad formula.
- Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish #3
Peachy undertone, satin finish, good formula but somewhat pooling into the pores by the end of the day. Unscented.
- Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-Free Foundation
I'm a shade in between N10 and G20 -- good buildable coverage, rather drying base and tends to accentuate dry patches.
- AmorePacific MoistureBound Tinted Treatment Moisturizer SPF 15
Shade 102 is good, but a bit on the peachy/pink side, 104 is too dark. Light-Medium coverage, moisturizing but heavily scented. Does not sink into pores, somewhat dewy finish.
- Dior Hydra Life BB Cream SPF 30
Shade Golden Peach 02 is about 1-1.5 shade too dark but coverage is quite light. Tone is a tad too warm/golden, not enough yellow. Scented. Satin finish.
- Chanel Les Beiges All-In-One Healthy Glow Cream SPF 30 PA +++
Shade 10 is a good match, sheer-light coverage. Finish is satin but quite drying on the skin (accentuating dry patches by the end of the day, creasing around nose, eyes, etc.). Not happy.
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation
Sheer-light coverage, sadly not buildable (formulation too slippy). Beautiful dewy finish. Shade 4 Fair is a tad too golden tan but workable. Shade 3 Fair is way too peach/pink. Must try Shade 2 Fair.
My skin is sensitive, specifically I would occasionally got hives/welts (type I localized reaction) due to skincare/topical products/sun exposure. I treat it with dabbing 1% hydrocortisone cream, or sometimes a low-medium potency topical steroid. On rare occasion, I've also been taking oral antihistamine to counteract this reaction. I also have history of eczema and psoriasis that can flare up occasionally.
My hair is naturally dark brown and lightens naturally to chestnut brown during summer months.
Things I'd like to try:
- Tom Ford Traceless Liquid Foundation (med-high coverage)
- Burberry Fresh Glow Foundation
- L'Occitane Almond Velvet Balm (slightly draggy, fresh fruity-floral scent, not almondy at all)
- Charlotte Tilbury concealer
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Pre Shampoo Treatment, Daily Damage Defence
Copyright © 2012 Claire From the Land of Lorp.